Avoiding GMO Foods
AVOIDING GMO FOODS
- GMO food has become a large part of the average American’s diet. Because the FDA does not require manufacturers to label GMO products it can be rather difficult to find out what exactly you’re eating. However, thanks to independent GMO awareness groups, the average consumer does have a few tools to determine what is a GMO and what isn’t.
- Avoid processed foods containing ingredients from corn, soy, sugar beets and cotton.
- Look for Non-GMO project verified products.
- Eat organic but be aware that GMO foods can also be grown organically. Food that stays fresh for weeks at a time without signs of decay are likely GMO.
- Grow your own vegetables using heirloom or other non-GMO seeds.