An increasingly common complaint is digestive distress and/or stomach pain after one has eaten a meal. We certainly see these symptom featured more in commercials for over-the-counter and prescription medications. Some recent research indicates that the eating of genetically modified foods is causing gut inflammation and digestive allergic responses. Whatever the cause, more of us are being affected by stomach and intestinal pain and discomfort.
Remedies are available from the natural kingdoms that relieve symptoms and correct the digestive imbalances without producing unwanted side effects or new conditions of poor health. Like nature’s 3 kingdoms, relief can be found from mineral, herbal and animal sources:
Minerals: Salt and Baking Soda
- Swallowing a pinch of fully mineralized salt (let it first dissolve on the tongue) can be of immediate help to inhibit the growth of any organism ingested that might be harmful to your digestion and health.
- Mixing 2 teaspoons of baking soda with approximately 2/3 of a glass of water and drinking it will relieve indigestion, heartburn and other distress by producing burping and the release of blocked intestinal gas.
Herbs: Mint, Shepherd’s Purse, Purselane, Strawberry Leaves
- Use these herbs individually or in combination as a tea or encapsulated to bring quick relief to gut distress.
Animal-based supplements: Flora, Pepsin and Organ meats
- Micro-organisms in the intestines perform the bulk of the digestive function. Flora is necessary to maintain a healthy balance of these organisms – bifidus and acidopholus specifically. Best taken in a powdered form that can be refrigerated so that vitality is maintained, flora should be taken on an empty stomach so that it is not digested and killed by stomach acid that is produced when eating a normal meal.
- A digestive ingredient that is commonly lost to our chemistry around the third decade of life is Pepsin. It is essential for the onset of protein digestion and can be purchased as a supplement to quickly correct upper G.I. tract dysfunction. Pepsin increases digestive efficiency especially when heavier protein meals have been eaten by initiating the break down of protein in the stomach.
- A technique used in many cultures is to eat digestive organs of other animals that are structurally similar to humans to provide nutritional building blocks for our own organs. Sweetbreads, tripe and chitterlings are especially good when experiencing low glandular function, stomach and intestinal distress, respectively.
Last, and certainly not least, is water. Water is fundamental to good organ function. It is the primary lubricant and greatest bulking agent in the gut. Water keeps the mucous membranes healthy, preventing cracks through which micro-organisms can leak into the blood stream. It is critical for the end of the digestive process, elimination, in which water keeps matter soft and moving. Water balance and some nutrients occur primarily in the colon.
Additionally, several Herbal Solutions formulas are recommended that are very dynamic in addressing and improving gut function:
For tumors of the gut, try Metabolic Cleanser.
A FREE Health Appraisal is included on this website so that you can best determine which formula(s) will best address your conditions.